Are you someone who is planning to go for laser hair removal Surrey? Is this your first time? Don’t know how to prepare for the session? Well, don’t worry. After reading this comprehensive blog post, you would be able to prepare yourself well for the treatment. So, all that you need is to read this guide and wait for the treatment day to arrive.
How To Get Ready For The Treatment?
It is crucial to strictly adhere to the advice of your practitioner for the most comfortable treatment and the best outcomes. In this way, you would be able to get ready for your laser treatment in the best possible manner.
Your practitioner will recommend you to:
- Stay away from the sun for a few days before to avoid any tanning. Also, refrain from applying any fake tan. If you allow your skin to get tanned or apply fake tan before the Surrey spa, then it can be very dangerous. It is because, if your skin has become tanned, then there is a high risk that the laser can burn the surface.
- If your skin is already tanned, then what you could do is leave about 4 weeks before you get your treatment.
- Again, before laser hair removal, it is necessary to avoid plucking or waxing. It is because these options tend to change the hair growth cycle. As a result, the laser will not be able to catch the hair follicles at the right stage. Ultimately, the treatment fails to reduce the hair.
- Another important thing is to avoid drinking caffeine as it is known to increase your sensitivity.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes on the day you visit the clinic.
- Try to wear cotton underwear which is not very tight.
- Strictly avoid bleaching your hair. The darker your hair follicles are, the easier it is for the laser to see those.
- Effective cleaning of the treatment area is recommended before your session. But essentially avoid making use of any cosmetic creams before the session. For cleaning the area well, you can ask for sanitary towels from your practitioner.
- Always ensure that you are having around 4 to 6 weeks of full hair growth before you go for the session.
- It is also recommended to shave 24 hours before your appointment. But avoid shaving on the day of getting the treatment.
- For your bikini area, you should focus on choosing a non-perfumed cleansing or shaving product. If you fail to do this, then it could even lead to irritations.
- To ensure all the shaving foam has been effectively removed, you should make use of a pH-balanced feminine cleanser wash.
- Gentle exfoliation of your bikini area is required, 3 to 4 days before getting the treatment. Do not opt for this on the treatment day or just a day before as it might cause skin irritation.
- Make sure all the excess hair has been removed from the labia as well as the perianal area.
By following all of these tips, you can make sure that your laser hair removal Surrey treatment occurs smoothly.